Dan Maskell Tennis Trust
Grants are available to help disabled people in the UK to play tennis through the purchase of wheelchairs, tennis equipment and grants for coaching.
Open for Applications
Objectives of Fund
The Trust offers small grants to help disabled people to play tennis through the purchase of wheelchairs, tennis equipment and grants for coaching.
Grants of up to £1,500 for a group, club or project are available. Up to £500 is available for individuals.
Match Funding Restrictions
Organisations must make a contribution towards the purchase of wheelchairs.
Who Can Apply
Disability groups and programmes, clubs, schools and associations in the UK are eligible to apply. Individuals are also eligible to apply.
Wheelchair funding is available for applicants that play wheelchair tennis.
Grant applications for the same purpose are accepted every two years.
Items considered as luxury items, such as electrical equipment, clothing, holdalls or individual transport costs will not be considered.
Publicity, promotions, advertising, general administration and catering at tournaments and events are not within the criteria for grant aid.
Sound balls are not available for individuals.
Applications can be made for the following:
- Wheelchairs - group, club or project applications can be made for one or more tennis wheelchairs designed for general use at grass roots level. A contribution of £200 per chair is required, and the Trust will offer a grant for the remaining cost. There may also be a delivery charge, which must be met by the applicant.
- Wheelchairs - individual applications: Available to individuals who play wheelchair tennis. There are three types of wheelchair available. The applicant must raise a contribution of around £450 to £1,000, depending on the type of wheelchair required. For alternative wheelchairs, a grant may be awarded and the applicant will be responsible for ordering and payment of the chair directly with the supplier.
- Bag of equipment: these bags will be ordered and paid for by the Trust and delivered direct to a specified address. Kit bags will include rackets, balls, mini net, and coaching aids such as cones and throw down marker lines. Sound balls for visually impaired groups may also be applied for. These kits are suitable for groups, clubs and disability programmes.
- Grants are available for starting a disability group, a club programme or a project or help with an existing project or programme. Examples of items that will be considered under this scheme are help towards court hire, coaching fees, equipment (if not applying for a kit bag as above). All programmes and projects should aim towards self-financing and sustainability.
- Individual applications - items considered in this category would be tennis rackets for which a maximum grant of £100 per racket may be offered, strings, tape and gloves for wheelchair players. Coaching lessons with an LTA Licensed coach and course fees for official LTA Development/Coaching courses are also available.
How To Apply
The next deadlines are:
- 23 March 2021 for applications to be considered at the April 2021 meeting.
- 29 June 2021 for applications to be considered at the July 2021 meeting.
- 12 October 2021 for applications to be considered at the November 2021 meeting.
Before applying for assistance, applicants are advised to consult The Lawn Tennis Association and/or their local County Tennis Association.
Application forms are available to complete online on the Trust's website HERE